Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CBVA
1. Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CVBA is a limited liability company (civil company in the form of a CVBA), founded according Belgian law, and with the aim of performing legal services in the broadest sense of the word. Its lawyers are registered with the “Antwerp Bar of Lawyers”, Bolivarplaats 20, 2000 Antwerp.
2. The present terms and conditions apply to services provided by Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CVBA, its partners, employees and staff.
3. The liability of Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CVBA, its partners and employees is limited to the net cover amount of its professional indemnity insurance. The professional indemnity is covered by a collective insurance policy underwritten by the “Order of Flemish Bars” with insurance company Etias Gemeen Recht. (Mutual insurance fund under number 0165, with registered offices at 4000 Liege, Rue des Croisiers 24). If, for any reason whatsoever, no payout may occur based on that insurance, the liability of Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CVBA, its partners, employees and staff is limited to the amount of the fees paid by the client for the services provided by Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CVBA that gave rise to the liability.
4. The rates apply from 01/01/2014 “excluding VAT”. The commission accounts and statements of fees and expenses are payable within 14 days after sending. In the absence of prompt payment, interest is owed legally and without notice of default at the statutory interest rate until the date the full payment is received. In that case, a fixed-rate compensation is also owed for administration and extralegal recovery costs amounting to 10% of the principal sum, this being at least €50.00.
5. Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CVBA is subject to the law of 11 January 1993 for preventing the use of the financial system for laundering money and financing terrorism. On account of this legislation, Advocatenkantoor Vanhoucke-Verkest-Swartelé-Pierreux CVBA is obliged to identify its clients and to request and retain a number of documents in order to confirm the identity. If facts are established that the firm knows or suspects to be associated with money laundering or terrorism, in accordance with this legislation the information must be submitted to the President of the Bar. The latter decides whether or not the information received is reported for the Cell for Financial Information Processing.
6. The legal relationship to which these terms and conditions apply is governed by and interpreted according to Belgian law. Disputes shall exclusively be settled by the court of the judicial district of Antwerp.